We collect from you only the personal information you voluntarily provide in order to deliver the best possible service. We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.If you choose to process an online payment or reservation we ask you to provide us with information necessary to process your request including, but not limited to, name, physical address, telephone number, email address, company name, title, credit card number, expiration date, and storage unit number.
We collect your email address so that we can send you information about your transaction and its status. The credit card information that is collected is used strictly for billing purposes.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Bay Self Storage does not sell, transfer, rent or share your personal information, including your email address, to any outside source. We may disclose personal information under the following circumstances:
- Where required by law enforcement agencies or the courts;
- For regulatory reporting;
- When requested by a government agency;
- Where our records indicate a company or individual may be engaged in fraudulent activity or other deceptive practices that a governmental agency should be made aware of;
- If requested by the tenant, or we have consent to do so;
- To the appropriate authorities, where your communication suggests possible harm to others.
- We will not use personal information for any other purpose than for contacting the client and to maintain our own database records;
- In matters where we must commence lien, collections or legal proceedings against a company or individual
- In the rare case of emergency
To the extent an online form or an e-mail submitted by a user contains personal information, we will only use such personal information to the extent it is necessary to respond to any comment or question from the user.
Web Site Security
The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card numbers) on our reservation or payment screens, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
When you communicate with us electronically, we follow generally accepted industry standards to protect your personal information, including your email address, submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. Therefore, while we use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Our web site is not set up to collect personal information unless it is voluntarily entered by the user. Our site logs do track certain kinds of site usage data, including but not limited to number of hits and visits to our sites. This information is used for internal purposes by technical support staff to provide better service to the public and may also be provided to third party technical support staff. These statistics contain no personal information and cannot be used to gather such information.